Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Keeping it alive!

What are you doing to keep your creativity alive? I have found that it is easy to get caught up in the thought that creativity will always be something that's easily accessible. In doing so I conveniently began treading through the rut which is my life and forget to break the norm and try something different. If you find yourself in the same rut, I will repeat my question. What are you doing to keep your creativity alive?

Well... for 2011 I've got a pretty cool project planned (if I don't say so myself). One of my photographic passions is capturing people in their own unique environment. A teacher in her classroom, a tailor in his shop, a pianist in a theater. In 2011, It is my goal to photograph as many environmental portraits as I can. My only stipulation is that each person must live, work, or play in Peoria. The focus of the environment doesn't have to be work or profession related, but could include a hobby or an activity. Really anything to helps define an individuals personality.


Obviously I can't fulfill the goal of this project by sitting on my hands at home, I most definitely need your help. If you know of anyone who would be an excellent candidate for a portrait please refer them. Even if you yourself wanna give it a go, I want to hear from you.


I'm looking forward to what 2011 holds.

In Christ,
David Price
Black Olive Photographic
Become a fan on Facebook

1 comment:

Adiel said...

This is such an amazing idea! I'm looking forward to seeing these portraits. :)